The man fell to his knees and grabbed my coat, "Please don't kill us, Mister. Please, please don't kill us!"
"The ducks," I said calmly. "Tell me the names of those ducks and I'll spare your worthless little lives."
"G-g-green-winged teal," said the man, shivering. "And scaup. That's it. That's all we saw."
"Don't lie to me punk!" I yelled, drawing a chop high into the air. "I will slice off your head with my hand if you lie to me!"
The woman fainted.
"I swear to God that's all we saw. Those are the only ducks we saw!"
I lowered my weapon and clutched my binoculars. "Okay, I believe you. Now pick up your ho and go. And don't ever show your faces around here again, understand?"
The man gulped. "Yes, yes, I understand. I understand! Thank you."
As he began smacking his wife's cheeks, me and Kelly turned and resumed our walk to the lake. Kelly took my hand and gave me a seductive look. "That was sexy," she said.
The rest of our visit was quite pleasant. We walked maybe a quarter mile to the north before deciding to turn back. The most common birds we saw, by far, were Cedar Waxwings and American Tree Sparrows. Afterwards, in the car, we wrote down all the birds we saw in the "birder's shorthand" that I use:
A Goldfinch 5+
B Jay
BC Chickadee 2
C Goose 20+
C Waxwing 50+
DE Junco 20+
Fox Sparrow 10+
Gull sp.
GW Teal - small flock
M Dove
N Cardinal 5+
RB Woodpecker 2
RT Hawk
Scaup sp. (too far away to ID) - small flock
Tree Sparrow 40+
WT Sparrow
No comments:
Post a Comment