Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day ... and our Loviversary

On this night Jason arrived to take Kelly out for heart-shaped stuffed pizza at Giordano's (now an annual tradition) and presented her with a card with this beautiful poem in it that made Kelly have tears in her eyes:


What We Are

It's more than "I need you."
Merely that doesn't
send enough love to our hearts.

It's more than "I love you."
Our souls know the journey
goes far beyond words.

It's this (yet more than;
a poet can only go so far) --

We are the shining light
in the palm of God.

Kelly presented Jason with a hand-made card with a frog on it, in honor of Smacky. Later that night, they watched Six Feet Under episodes and had yummy dessert.

Incidentally, 2/15/08 is our Loviversary ... the anniversary of when we first said "I love you" to each other. We remember this because we had the decency to avoid saying it on chintzy Valentine's Day ;).

No comments:

12 Years Later...

and I'm still very much in love with Kelly, who is now my wife. And we have a great son, Garion, who is totally NOT introverted like his...