Tonight me and Kelly saw Keane at the Riviera Theatre.* I was already familiar with their music, but Kelly had only been listening to them for a couple of weeks. Still, she seemed to really enjoy herself. The crowd was amazing, and in response, the band gave us an incredible show. I'd been depending on Keane to impress my girl, and luckily they came through without a flaw.
Hearing Keane's music and being with Kelly made the evening very special. It must have had something to do with the swirling mixture of passionate music and being in love. I couldn't have asked for a better feeling, which seemed to peak as they played "Bad Dream," a song preceded by a recording of the Yeats poem that inspired it.
"Bad Dream" talks about a soldier struggling with his emotions—about having to kill people he doesn't know, about possible friendships erased by enemy lines, and so much more—it reminds me of how lucky I've been in life, despite hardships. It doesn’t seem possible, but the song has a thread of love woven through it. Love and adversity are two things very particular to humanity, and I think they go together very well in art. Kelly, of course, is responsible for the romantic love in my life. We've only been together for four and a half months, but each day with her is like a tiny beautiful lifetime.What else is there to say? Great show!
No comments:
Post a Comment